The Liturgical Year
The following sections are from Dom Prosper Guéranger's The Liturgical Year
- The History of Christmas
- The Mystery of Christmas
- Practice During Christmas
- Morning and Night Prayers for Christmas
- On Hearing Mass During the Season of Christmas
- On Holy Communion During Christmas
- On the Office of Vesters for Sundays and Feasts During Christmas
- On te Office of Compline During Christmas
Fr. Z's ADVENTCAzTs - 2017
Fr. John Zuhlsdorf (Fr. Z), author of the blog What Does the Prayer Really Say (WDTPRS), will be preparing a short (approx. 5 min.) audio recording each day during Advent to help us with our preparations for the upcoming feast.
- Saturday: Preparation and you
First Week of Advent
- Sunday: The angel departs. Her mission remains.
- Monday: Confrontation of truths
- Tuesday: Is your "interior cellphone" busy?
- Wednesday: The essence of Christian chronology
- Thursday: The man formed by liturgy
- Friday: Trembling with fear because we are so damaged
- Saturday: If you have never before prayed with Mary
Second Week of Advent
- Sunday: Femininity is clearly threatened
- Monday: Silence v. Noise
- Tuesday: [Justification — Restitution —(Vocation)]
- Wednesday: And the Word was made flesh
- Thursday: What happened when Christ was born?
- Friday: From this mystery, sacred song is born
- Saturday: Assumpta Mariam by Francis Thompson
Third Week of Advent
- Sunday: True power
- Monday: Those who love God do not protest what He asks or sends.
- Tuesday: Why is Mariology important for the Gospel?
- Ember Wednesday: The Divine Soldier
- Thursday: Millions of favors are hanging from heaven on silken cords
- Ember Friday: Liturgy, continuity and YOU
- Ember Saturday: A person may be silent, and yet have a frightening noise inside
Fourth Week of Advent
- December 25: “And straight I called unto mind that it was Christmas day.”
- December 26: We are the ox and ass
- December 27: Why the three feasts during the Christmas Octave?
- December 28: Have yourself a merry, longer Christmas!
- December 29: WAKE UP!
- December 30: “He does not even wait for us to love”/a>
- December 31: Family in charity, not diversity, tolerance, inclusivity, sensitivity, choice …
- January 1: He lets us experience trials for a while